Friday, January 26, 2007

Eeeeeeewwwwwww

Australia Day was a stupid idea in the first place. I am absolutely in agreement with my friends in the Koori community who want to rename it Invasion Day and get rid of it. Let’s do something useful about reconciliation and then have a holiday to celebrate that. Anyone who wants to call me un-Australian for supporting the Koori community needs to think a little more carefully.

Yes, I am feeling a little bit grumpy.

I have successfully avoided celebrating much at all today, mostly because both children have gastro so I have spent the afternoon being thrown up on which reminds me of a few parties I have been to they weren’t good ones.

It was inevitable that, after a night of no sleep and much heaving by small people, I would start to consider launching a Japanese influenced comic book called Gastro Boy. Here’s a couple of tips for other parents or parents to be (are you paying attention Groverjones) who may be tempted to consider this idea:

1. Remember that every parent of a certain age has already thought of this at least once in their children’s lifetime;
2. Do not under any circumstances start thinking about the kinds of superpowers such a character would possess.
3. Really, don’t. There is no way this can end well.

Finally, since this is Australia Day, and I need to distract myself from a burning desire to punch Sam Kekovich and several advertising executives in the head, let me answer Gigglewick’s question o’ Aussiness by suggesting that the home brewed alcoholic ginger beer currently sitting in my fridge must come close.

And then I shall drink it and try to forget that today ever happened.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

* Tears manuscript for 'Heave-Man: Master Of The Spewniverse' from the typewriter and throws it on a roaring log fire in a fit of rage *

8:39 AM  
Blogger Melba said...

hello inc. just popping in without having read anything to say hi, i'll be back soon and catch up, all right? and will comment?? all right?? and be most attentive to all my friends who i have been ignoring.

for good reasons. all right?

take care. i especially want to sink my teef into the inc vs dawkins piece. and then my comment will sit there lonely cause everyone's moved on. nevermind, i will be back.

9:39 PM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

INCraig,

It's probably the fact that I have had two successive nights of drunkenness and good times with visiting friends, and am therefore slightly dehydrated, but the idea of that home-brewed ginger beer......I don't care whether it's Aussie or not, it still sounds ace/rad/other words related to Nicole Kidman's BMX bandits phase.

Melbournegirl - don't think I won't be reading it - I am a complete nerd for philosophical discussion.

6:10 PM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

PS INCraig - Grizzlewick will still not eat anything with tuna and tomato in it after a gastro attack when he was about 18 months old. I've never really gotten over that either, quite frankly.

6:11 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Grover

Actually, I don't think anyone had thought of that one yet. Hope you had a spare copy of that manuscript.

I needed a good laugh. Thanks.

MG
You're back, hooray. This blog has been poorer for your absence.

I haven't responded to the comments that have already been left on the Dawkins post, and I feel a little guilty about that. Race you?

Gigglewick
Right there with you on the ginger beer thing. Also, totally feeling your pain on the tuna.

I had pasta with tuna and tomato for dinner the night everyone else was too sick to eat and I wasn't sure whether I was going to come down with gastro too, because I like tempting fate.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home