Sunday, January 07, 2007

Happy holidays

And we're back from a lovely family holiday in beautiful Marysville. I couldn't help but notice that since we started taking small children along on these trips we pack a little bit differently.

A few things I never packed for a weekend away when I was a single guy with no children:
  1. A train set.
  2. Several books detailing the adventures of Pipkin the Rabbit.
  3. Two kinds of tea.
  4. Any tea, frankly.
  5. Nappies.
  6. A large box of wooden blocks.
  7. Those tiny cereal packets.
  8. This much gin.

We had an excellent weekend, hiking to waterfalls, marvelling at the giant mechano exhibition at Manical Mechanicals, eating truly good butterscotch muffins at the local bakery, spending a large amount of time with chickens, cooking pancakes for a late breakfast and, in my case, getting mugged by a freakin' kookaburra.

Hope you all had a great weekend too.

9 Comments:

Blogger gigglewick said...

INCraig/Honeybear,

it gets better. We seriously contemplated trading in our station wagon for a Smart Car when Grizzlewick outgrew his portacot/nappies.

11:04 AM  
Blogger meva said...

Off topic, INC, but congratulations on being nominated for Best New Blog by clever ol' Bevis.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Um, INC, did you also remember to pack a Honeybear, Bundle and Cherab or was the car too full?

5:26 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Hey Meva, INC, where has this nomination taken place? Can I vote too?

5:35 PM  
Blogger meva said...

INC and Adam, there are only nominations at the moment, in fact I think they've now closed, and Bevis nommed you both in different categories. He's a clever little blogger, isn't he?

You can find the noms here:

http://www.collectiveapathy.com/bernies_07_nominations

Good luck!

6:42 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Gigglewick
With two of them, we may be interested in buying your station wagon.

Meva
Wow, I did not know about that nomination, or even that the award were back up for grabs.

I am very grateful to Bevis for the nomination. However, since both Ms Batville and Gigglewick have been nominated in the same category, I clearly have no chance at all of winning this thing.

Adam
I realised as I was passing through Lilydale that things were a bit quieter than usual in the back seat. I decided on balance it would be best to go back and pick them up.

Adam and Meva
Nominations were apparently going to close last week but they haven;t posted a final list so I think you can probably still nominate people if you wish.

I'll probably post something to remind people to vote once the voting starts, if I remember.

7:16 AM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

INCraig,

What the hell?

Thankyou.

GW

7:55 PM  
Blogger Watershedd said...

I'm presuming the teas with EG and EB. If so, I'm glad to hear you tow have taken the delights of the Earl and included as part of the standard repertoire. As for the gin, there must have been some toninc somewhere, surely!

9:01 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Gigglewick
It turns out I'm a big fan of your blog.

You're welcome.

Watershedd

Actually it was EBT and decaf. The Earl missed out.

Tonic is overrated.

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home