Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A very rare post about sport*

I was going to add another item to my wish list in the previous post, along the lines of "Australia will win the Second Test", but with England having declared at 6/551 and Australia 3/65 in reply, I decided to leave it out on the basis that people would think I was just being ridiculous and failing to take the whole thing seriously.

"That could not possibly happen" they would have said mockingly, "You are no good at predictions and should just go and buy coconuts or something."

Yesterday's pleasingly hilarious result in the cricket should serve as a reminder to all of us, but particularly to our cricket loving Prime Minister, that there is no such thing as an unbeatable lead.







*okay, it's really about politics. But the original intention was to write about sport. Really it was

5 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Whoa! What would you do with more than one coconut?*




*This question is about sport. Really.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Harpo said...

If the Prime Minister were put under any pressure do you think he, too, would collapse like a blancmange?

4:57 PM  
Blogger Snoskred said...

I don't love cricket.. ;) I didn't even know what the score was, and though I think you gave it away, I'm not sure who won.. :)

5:27 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Adam
Send one to each of my teenage nieces so they could say "A coconut? Dude, that's so random".

Harpo
It's so long since anyone tried this that I can't remember. It does work with Tony Abbott, though. I will always treasure the memory of watching him on "Insiders" just after he had made jokes about John Brogden (or more specifically, just after he discovered that Barry Cassidy knew about those particular jokes).

Compelling television.

Snoskred
I posted this to see if anyone reading this blog cares about cricket.

Australia won.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Harpo said...

I, for one, do care about the cricket. However, I am going to be fielding for 80 overs in 37 degree heat this Saturday and I suspect that my passion for the game may have dwindled a little as the afternoon gets later.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home