Thursday, December 21, 2006

All I want for Christmas

It’s just a few short days until our first Christmas as a family of four. This year we will be spending Christmas with my parents and both my sisters for the first time in what seems like forever, and I am looking forward to it like you wouldn’t believe.

I went to church last week. The speaker told us that he had come to a new understanding of the concept of “awe” now that he has two sons. He said this is because his children use that word all the time, as in “Awwwww, look at that truck” etc.

As of last Sunday we have finally managed to put up our Christmas tree, so it’s starting to feel a little bit like Christmas is coming, at last. There have been a few moments of awwwww this week, but my favourite one was on Wednesday morning.

After breakfast, Bundle, as he does, pressed eject on the CD player and handed me the Missy Higgins CD that was in there, saying “Daddy’s CD”, in that special tone that makes it clear that to actually listen to this would be unthinkable.

I asked him which CD he wanted to hear, expecting that the answer would be along the lines of “Dooleys”, “Wiggles” or perhaps “Car song, daddy”. I was most happily surprised when he paused for a moment then replied “Christmas, I think” and we started the day by listening to Christine Anu singing “The Little Drummer Boy” and other such pleasant carols. I love this time of year.

I hope you all have a truly lovely Christmas, full of joy, peace, wonder and many many moments of “awwwww”.

7 Comments:

Blogger Watershedd said...

Merry, Christmas to you four too. Hope there's plenty of excitement Christmas morning for Bundle.

5:50 AM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

Have an ace Christmas INCraig, to you and the whole family.

7:22 AM  
Blogger meva said...

Have a wonderful Christmas with your family, INC.

And thanks for so many great posts. I've really enjoyed sharing your 'life on the highway' since I came to bloggerland. Hurry back!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Awwwwww, I wanted to have moments of 'Whoa!' for Christmas...

10:49 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Merry Christmas to you and your fam INC. Hope you all have a lovely and safe time

5:36 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

P.S) Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas INC!!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Melba said...

hope you had a good day yesterday, and that any and all festivities are continuing.

stay safe and well over the holiday period.

x

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home