Friday, September 15, 2006

Hooray for linking

I am very excited to finally be able to link to other blogs.

This has not been possible up until now because I am an idiot Blogger is not very user friendly. So a big thanks to Melbourne Girl and Bevis for their help in getting this link thingy set up.

A few notes:

I would have linked to Bevis even without the threats of physical violence. Of course, such threats will be slightly more effective if Bevis ever finds out where I live or indeed what my name is (Hint: NOT CRAIG) .

Sharpatootha does not read this blog as far as I know but, in case she does, let me just ask how can I not link to someone who can start a post about a haircut with “I’m all revved up with no one to punch tonight”

Herbert is a genius

Linking to Gigglewick is an act of faith. Specifically, faith that she may at some stage freakin’ post something. I plan to start some sort of online petition about this.


I have linked to Ms Fits because I believe there is now legislation requiring all blogs to do this.

I wasn’t going to link to IOYC because he claimed to have quit blogging but when I tested the link I discovered that his second retirement was as much of a cheap stunt as his first. Welcome back. I am very happy now.

I'm sure there are several other fine blogs that I should be linking to. Please leave your shameless self promotion suggestions in the comments section below.

6 Comments:

Blogger BEVIS said...

My suggestion is this:

I have more than one blog.

(Only teasing - good work. And yes, it is compulsory to link to Ms Fits. But tell me you wouldn't want to anyway! Isn't that where you got your start ... of sorts?)

3:22 AM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

I'm Not Craig*,

Thank you for your embryonic petition over at my blog however I fear you may be alone in your endeavours.

What's more, I may well now be paralysed with pressure/fear.

Will do my best, can't you see the people need me, etc etc etc....

GW

* Or are you? Either way, I don't know anyone called Craig.

3:26 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Bevis

Of course I would want to link to Ms Fits. I was merely pointing out what a law abiding blogger I am (at least when it comes to pretend laws that I made up).

Gigglewick

I have mentioned that petition on Ms Fits' blog, so if I am alone in my endeavours I am going to look like a complete fool. Oh well, nothing much new there.

It will all be worth it if it gets you to post some stuff.

And no, I'm not. Really.

In case I have caused some sort of confusion over this, let me set it out more clearly:

1. I have a name
2. That name is somthing other than "Craig"
3. Even Avril Lavigne could not make it any more obvious.

Those who have read one of my recent posts would be aware that my name is not "Steve" either.

I plan to reveal my true identity through an exceptionally tedious process of elimination. At this rate it will take around 34 years, 22 weeks and 4 to 5 days.

Stay with me.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Hot dog I am so excited I'm lost for words.

The pressure, the wine, etc etc... Surely this is as bad as penning an oscar speech (let's hope I am not gwyneth paltrooooooow)

ps - at the last place I worked a gentleman called craig announced his presence and my first response was "I'm not". Which, while true, is weird.

11:01 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Herbert

The wonderful thing about being "not Craig" is that it is very inclusive. Great to hear that you are also not Craig. You're one of us now, etc.

At some point, as this concept takes off, everyone named Craig is going to get annoyed with me

6:41 AM  
Blogger sharpatootha said...

I'm not sure if it's the far-too-hot curry I'm shoveling into my face, or just having read that someone not called Craig, somewhere out there, is reading my blog, and liking it enough to link me has made me go all red.

Thankyou.

That's more than just a bit special (the linkage, not the red faced-ness).

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home