Thursday, February 01, 2007

Is this a good idea?

After reading Dr Karl’s Mythconceptions article in the Age last Saturday, I have decided to start a new charity event. Basically, people will volunteer to act in a wacky, crazy and generally incomprehensible manner for a day. They will be sponsored to do this.

Sponsors can either pay on the basis of how many hours this completely mental behaviour continues for, or they can nominate a particularly poor decision they would like to see, in return for a suitably large donation.


The purpose of this annual event will be to fund education programs for people who actually believe things like “the earth is 6000 years old and all that stuff about fossils is a wacky conspiracy”. We will spend the millions of dollars that we raise teaching people to think first then draw conclusions, rather than starting with the conclusion and then bending reality to try to make it fit, employing every logic torturing device known to mankind in the process (and also, apparently, flat out lying).

Now all I need is a catchy name for my new charity event.

I’m thinking of….








Wait for it…..











And remembering that this is the name of an event where people are paid to act in a crazy manner……





It will be called…..





















Fund A Mentalist.









I’m so sorry.

10 Comments:

Blogger actonb said...

You're a Dad aren't you?

It shows.


But I snorted, so this is a Good Thing.

7:31 AM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

Comedy GOLD, my friend.

I just snorted. It made the people in the office next to me cack themselves.

Now I am the "weird girl" at work.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Harpo said...

I laughed too! Nicely told. This polls quite highly in the INC top 100.

9:40 AM  
Blogger surfercam said...

I like it.
ps - go the Welsh in the 6 Nations!

5:25 PM  
Blogger meva said...

Classic INC.

8:30 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

You are all very kind, thank you

12:02 AM  
Blogger Ms Batville said...

He he he.

Nice to be back and glad to see you and honeybear seem to be well. Thanks to you both for encouraging me to get back on my blogging horse!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

INC, that was terrible. Is this your own material? Can you rename this website to Life is a Collection of Dad Jokes? Sure I laughed, but there is no way I'm going to encourage these kinds of posts/keep up the good work.

7:08 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Actonb
Yes, I am a Dad, like my father before me. And he would be most upset if I suggested that that joke was in any way due to his example.

Gigglewick
Sorry to muck up your career like that. I guess I just didn;t think this one through.

Harpo
Thanks. I am mildly surprised that anyone liked this one, but I'm very grateful

Surfercam
Hi there and welcome. Absolutely go the Welsh. Even though I know nothing about rugby, I will be cheering for them.

Meva
Cheers

Ms B
I AM SO EXCITED THAT YOU ARE BACK.

YAY!!!!!!!

Adam
Yes, entirely my own material. If there was someone else I could blame, I would.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Aussie Rock Chick said...

Ok this dad joke is getting old. We need a new post... tag!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home