Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tell those friends with cameras for eyes

I have been spending a little too much time over at I can has cheezburger lately. You’ll understand later why I brought that up.

You may have noticed the increasingly sporadic nature of posting around here, and possibly a general deterioration in quality (just for those who were wondering if such a development were possible).

There are a few reasons. One is that I have been spending a lot of time reading sentences like this:

“For the purposes of the preceding provisions of this section but without limiting the generality of those provisions, a provision of a contract, arrangement or understanding, or of a proposed contract, arrangement or understanding, shall be deemed to have the purpose, or to have or to be likely to have the effect, of fixing, controlling or maintaining, or providing for the fixing, controlling or maintaining of, the price for, or a discount, allowance, rebate or credit in relation to, goods or services supplied as mentioned in subsection (1) if the provision has the purpose, or has or is likely to have the effect, of fixing, controlling or maintaining, or providing for the fixing, controlling or maintaining of, such a price, discount, allowance, rebate or credit in relation to a re‑supply of the goods or services by persons to whom the goods or services are or would be supplied by the parties to the contract, arrangement or understanding or the proposed parties to the proposed contract, arrangement or understanding, or by any of them, or by any bodies corporate that are related to any of them.”

This leaves me too tired, and indeed to irritated that my tax dollars paid for someone to write that, to form a coherent sentence, let alone a halfway interesting post.

I have also stupidly decided to add a few exams to my already reasonably busy schedule, meaning there’s no realistic prospect that I will write anything worth reading for several weeks. Anyone who wants to comment that that just sounds like business as usual, should feel free to do so.

So, my friends, it is hiatus time. Assuming I still have anything to say, I’ll be back some time in September.

This is as good a time as any to note that I don’t spend nearly enough time appreciating the wonderful people who read and comment on this blog. The comments are almost invariably more intelligent and funnier than the actual posts, and it’s some comfort to know that whilst this blog will never make me famous or convince the world that I’m a great writer, it will make me just a little bit cooler by association with the highly talented folks who comment on it.

So, to everyone who has ever taken the time to comment here, let me just say you are all wonderful, and, furthermore:

12 Comments:

Blogger phoenixmummy said...

Good luck with those exams inc, tough it out and you'll be fine. BTW, it took me ages to read your blog because I hiked it over to i can has cheezburger halfway through - hilarious and I can understand why you spend so much time there - good for stress levels.
Cheers and read you in September

11:13 PM  
Blogger Melba said...

1. i am a little surprised you like those furry pictures of little animals with captions.

just saying.

2. not surprised you are fatigued with blogging, seems to happen to everyone. i've hung out the 'gone fishing' sign myself a few times.

but this i know. you will be back (or i hope so) and i will always be here.

as i've said before, i think i'll be here forever. sadly, it's quite a big part of my life.

take care and when the weather gets better, let's think about a family blog-meet? clokes would cope, how would your honey bear go?

10:20 AM  
Blogger Watershedd said...

Good luck with the preparations and the exams.

8:03 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Jo

Thanks, and I'm glad you enjoyed the kitten pictures. Very encouraging to hear tht you will stop by again in September.

Melbs

1. My wife is equally surprised, perhaps more so. ICHC seems to be one of those sites that people are either obsessed or utterly unmoved by.

I like it because the kittens are cute and the captions are, occasionally, creatively inspiring (or possible inspiringly creative).

2. It's not so much a fatigue with blogging thing as a fatigue with other stuff thing. There's still a bunch of stuff I want to write when I next have the time and energy to put into it.

As for the family blog meet, I will, at some point, email you about that.

Watershedd

Cheers.

7:48 PM  
Blogger actonb said...

aww.... bunnies...

sorry, you were saying something?

INC, I am saddened and indeed, quite put out by this new development. You need to chill out, not add more to the burden you are carrying...
/finger waggling.

hugs and prayers :)

8:10 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

It took me a while to figure out whether you were put out by the study or the gratuitous lolbunnies, but I think it's the first one. Either way, I'll be done in a few weeks, and my children may then stop politely enquiring as to whether I will be attending their birthday parties. It's not like I ever missed one, it's just that I have been a little less available than usual lately.

Very many hugs and prayers to you too.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Melba said...

sorry inc to whinge but i miss you. i keep stopping by to see if somehow, some way, there's a new writing from you.

but no. not today.

hope you are all well and ok on this cold weekend.

ciao ciao

xxx

11:37 AM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Melbs
Thank you endlessly for your most lovely and encouraging comments.

I am neck deep in a ridiculously long assignment that is due on Monday. Once that is done and the exam that comes after it is also complete, I will be posting all the stuff I've been thinking about lately.

I will also send you the email I owe you and no doubt get to commenting on your most interesting post of the Greer.

Hoping you and yours are well.

8:46 PM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

i am not yet out of a work-induced fug that seems to cloud my every waking (and sleeping moment) either. I share your pain.

i did a half-arsed post using a very tenuous 1990s fitzroy moment and a bad night's sleep as a theme, so agree with melbs that everyone loses their mojo every now and then.

8:18 AM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Dude, no post that references a TOSAW song that appeared, as far as I know, nowhere other than as track 3 on an EP can possibly be disappointing .

As a historical note, this blog came very close to being named after a TOSAW song. However, for reasons I may one day eventually explain, I named it after the better known of an obscure Canadian singer's two (solo) hits.

I may post again soon. There are drafts.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Femikneesm said...

Hope your stress levels are improving. I for one am missing your blog.

4:20 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Thanks, I am feeling much better.

And, as of right now, blogging again.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home