Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I want some down time, so call me when you can and I'll be fine

Okay, sure, this is not the most original concept ever, but this blog is badly in need of some light relief and so, inspired by the existence of such excellent Facebook groups as "Don't Blame Me, I voted for Bartlet" and "I judge you when you use poor grammar", here's a few of the groups I'll be setting up whenever I next have way too much spare time:


1. I don't know which way up to put this label on my A4 envelope and I don't think anyone else does either


2. We all just happened to join the Celestine Prophecies appreciation society


3. I bet I could find 1,000,000 people who don't use Facebook (if I looked somewhere else)


4. All my Egyptian friends walk exactly the same way as I do


5. None of my friends have a secret crush on me. Stop it


6. I still have the Schokomod'l my neighbours gave me for Christmas and I don't know what to do about it


7. There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't


8. If there was an award for excellence in disorganisation... we'd all be late for the ceremony


9. I just watched Momento. Apparently.


Anyone who wants to actually start any of these groups should rush to do so now. And then tell me so I can join.

8 Comments:

Blogger Melba said...

re number 1. always with the sticky bit on your LEFT*, so the envelope is lying in front of you in landscape orientation (ie, across the table, not up and down).

then you put the label, or indeed, if writing the address, in the middle. of the envelope. which you see before you.

you didn't expect anyone to really answer that did you?

also you didn't watch memento. you dehctaw it.





* A4 envelopes tend to have peel-off closings. oh yes they do.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Leilani said...

I'm starting my own group, "I'll join all of INC's facebook groups if he ever gets around to starting them."

10:56 PM  
Blogger meva said...

I'll start a group that listens to Glory Box while reading Life is a Highway.

And then I might be brave enough to admit to a secret crush on a certain nameless blogger.

But then again, maybe not.

12:19 AM  
Blogger meva said...

There I go again! In vino very tarty. I'm ridiculous.

10:04 AM  
Blogger phoenixmummy said...

I'll join group 6, if S*****d'l comes in a bottle. I have something in a bottle too that the in-laws gave me, which I'm hesitant to open, lest it burn up my insides (like acid). I don't know what it's called, but if we start a group, I'll look it up.

Melba, that's fascinating about the envelopes. If you talk to almost ex, he'll show you how to place the paper clips on your documents just so! :)

12:33 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Melbs

In hindsight, I'm not at all surprised that you knew the answer to 1. By why must the sticky bit be on the left? This is my dilemma.

I laughed for several minutes after reading the bit about momento.

Leilani
My first facebook group may have to be called "I came up with a bunch of ideas for facebook groups but now I can't use any of them because I talked about them on the blog first"

Having said that, if I ever find a group called "I'll join all of INC's facebook groups if he ever gets around to starting them" I don't think I'll be able to resist joining it.

Meva
Ooh. A scret crush on a nameless blogger! Is it Adam?

Possibly not, since he's about the only blogger I know who isn't "nameless".

You are not ridiculous. You are wonderfully intriguing.

Jo
A Schokomod'l is a german chocolate using tradition spices and shaped like something that is probably intended to be an elf but it looks more like Satan.

It sits in my cupboard and occasionally freaks me out at night.

8:59 AM  
Blogger phoenixmummy said...

inc, of course, I knew that (not). Maybe the group could be called "I have things in my cupboard that freak me out". Cheers

3:22 PM  
Blogger Melba said...

envelope opening needs to be on left, just as all coathanger hooks need to face the back of the wardrobe.

er...

glad you got my memento gag, which proves to me you are as smart as i thought you were.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home