Monday, May 19, 2008

Lightning flash and everything is sharp and clear

So hey, yes, things are quiet around these parts, mostly because I don't want to produce depressingly morose reports on what may best be described as "This Present Suckfulness"* and I've been too busy/cranky/blah/etc to write about anything else.

So rather than dwelling on such things, here's some of the good stuff that's been going on lately...

1. I tipped 8 out of 8 AFL games and won the weekly jackpot. Admittedly, this would have been more exciting if the jackpot had been accumulating for more than two weeks, and/or if four other people hadn't tipped 8 out of 8 also. This reduced my share of the prize pool a little bit.

My actual winnings - $2.00.

2. My local shopping centre has awesome 'parents rooms' and the one I went to yesterday had a big sign on the door saying "Dads welcome". Technically they shouldn't have to say this but it made me happy anyway.

3. A week or so back, I wandered through a local market place and discovered some dudes selling Obscura Coffee. It's from the the only certified Fair Trade & Organic coffee group in Laos, it works very nicely with my espresso maker (see profile photo for details) and they sell it for the ridiculous price of $6.20 for 200g.

4. I took the boys on their first bus ride yesterday. The very kind young lady driving the bus presented the boys with their very own bus tickets. This made an already exciting trip an absolute thrill for the boys. They still have the tickets.

5. At the end of the bus trip we found Belgrave. Specifically, we found chocolate gelati for the boys and a pretty decent chai latte for me at the Puffing Billy Cafe. We will go there again.

6. I finally made it to Bunnings to buy a few essentials, including a shelf for the cupboard under the sink, which is essential in the sense that there was clearly a shelf there when we bought the house but not so much when we moved in. If anyone can lend me a saw then that would really make installing this thing easier.

7. It is reasonably impressive that a child who only turned two this month is already using whole sentences. But when, as is the case with my Cherub, one of those sentences is "Daddy, I love you sooooooo much" then everything else can be as average as it likes because there is nothing in the world that could have made me happier than that did.










* On the off chance that noted Christian author Frank Peretti ever reads this, he may get cross. Then again, having once read Piercing the Darkness right to the end, I DON'T CARE

9 Comments:

Blogger phoenixmummy said...

When everything is soooo suckful, it's good to focus on the positive. My kids are the first place I look when I'm feeling crappy and need to feel grateful. Keep it up. The Suckfulness will pass.

2:04 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Thanks, Jo. You are very right about this. The suckfulness always passed sooner or later, and I will continue to cuddle my kids whilst I wait.

8:30 PM  
Blogger phoenixmummy said...

Good idea inc. I'll cuddle my kids too and for both of us, this shall pass.

12:20 AM  
Blogger MommyHeadache said...

since my glass is always half empty, thank you for reminding me that it doesn't have to be. Especially since there isn't one thing wrong with my life...and I should appreciate my kiddos more....

5:04 AM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

I've discovered that I actually have the power* to jolly Grizzlewick out of a bad mood.

This morning I did it by tipping him upside down to smell his socks. while this won't be a strategy I use during his teenage years, it resulted in peals of laughter.

good times.

all will balance out INCraig. Either that or we'll all be eaten by giant octopuses.


* yes, it's gone straight to my head.

12:09 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Jo
Good plan. And please do say hi to my old mate Melba for me when you're in town.

Emma
Not one thing wrong in your life? Awesome.

Dude
I also recommend a rousing game of "I can see a belly" for moody boys.

You're right, all shall balance. Until then, I'm taking a leaf out of your excellent book of lifetips. Since Honey Bear is off with the girls tonight, dinner consists of a jaffle and a not altogether small amount of drinking.

And a very happy weekend to you all.

8:54 PM  
Blogger meva said...

I will always recall my girlchild telling me that she didn't want to live in the country because she wanted to live in a house.

But I'll leave that one alone.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Melba said...

how goes the present suckfulness, inc?

i feel that eating a bombe glacee or bombe alaska could possibly help.

for it is the new way. the true way.

[i got converted saturday night and shall blog about it as soon as poss.]

x

5:38 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Meva
I hope you explained that they have some pretty good caravans out there and some of them are almost as nice as a house.

Melbs
Circumstances continue to deteriorsate but I am doing better , probably as a result of spending a large amount of Saturday watching ducks swimming on a lake.

I haven't eaten a bombe alaska recently but I did find a coffee and cake shop in Dandenong that sells amazing rum flavoured chocolate bars. IF I ever find myself in Dandenong again, I will be back there in an instant.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home