Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Your scarf, it was apricot (dried)

On my way home tonight, I overheard a brief snatch of a mobile phone conversation that went like this:

Dude standing in the rain: I know, I'm standing in the rain right now.

This made me wonder why this guy did not walk two metres to his right , thus cleverly ceasing to stand in the rain and therefore perhaps being able to reconsider whether such terseness with his nearest and dearest was, in fact, necessary.

It also led me to consider whether he would have been less unhappy with his situation had he been a piece of dried fruit, which naturally gave me an idea for my next work of non-fiction.*

I plan to publish an in depth study of dried fruit. In particular, I want to look at whether dried fruit improves over time.

It will be called "The Age of Raisins".

I'm hoping that John Farnham will write the foreword.

After that particular triumph of publishing, I plan to go on to international musical success with a cover of Dire Straits' "Sultana of Swing".




This may surprise you, but that's about it for this post. The good news** is that this will force me to post again at some future date, as I simply cannot stand the thought of this appalling collection of dad jokes being my final contribution to the world of the blogs.

On currant form, you may be waiting a week or two for my next post. Blogging will resume at some future date.







* I hope you enjoyed this subtle combination of the worst segue ever and a big huge lie as much as I did.




** A matter of opinion at this point, I suspect.

8 Comments:

Blogger actonb said...

INC, Thank you! And... You are truly the most wonderful person that wasn't Craig, like, ever...

10:05 PM  
Blogger phoenixmummy said...

I think you're pretty good to, even if you're not craig. I do enjoy your sense of humour and look forward to reading some when you come back.

12:49 AM  
Blogger meva said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:23 PM  
Blogger meva said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:52 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Acton
I'm not sure what I did to deserve such kind words (it can't have been this post, surely) but thank you.

Jo
And a very sincere thank you to you too. If you think I'm funny, I really must introduce you to Craig some time.

Comment Deleted (aka Meva)
I'm very sorry to find your comments no longer here, as they cheered me up endlessly.

Also, I appear to have lost the ability to read yoru blog. This, if I may be so bold, is not a Good Thing.

Please ra-appear soon, I miss you.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Melba said...

did i just read something that implies you are stopping blogging?

did i miss something?

nobody should ever say they're stopping, it's just too cruel.

we have hiatuses.

or is that hiatii?

you can have them for as long as you like.

or strike all that if i'm barking up the wrong tree.

11:36 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Melbs

Did you just read something that implies I am going to stop blogging? Not here, I don't think.

I can't even keep up a hiatus for more than a week without writing stuff.

Always nice to see you.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Melba said...

that's good then, i misread. it was when you said you didn't want the last thing you wrote to be some daddy story or something like that.

glad you are not even hiatising.

happy weekend to you.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home