Sunday, March 16, 2008

By the end of this post, there will be dancing


A quick quiz


Q: Who are all these people?


















Answer:


The guys in yellow are the 2008 National Basketball League Champions, the mighty Melbourne Tigers.


The guys in purple are just some other dudes.



It is perhaps a little sad that, after a fascinating five game grand final series, in which the Tigers survived the biggest choke in NBL finals history, losing game four despite leading by 18 points late in the third quarter, and then travelled to Sydney where they snatched game five in a thrilling final quarter in front of 10,240 angry Kings fans, these were the best photos I could find. And I looked everywhere, including the Tigers' own website.


It is even more upsetting that I can see Cashmere Mafia and 8 kinds of CSI on free to air TV, but I didn't see a single minute of the basketball finals because I don't have Foxtel.


It is tempting to flippantly suggest that the reason why Australian basketball is doing a poor job of marketing itself is that the league is currently run by some guy named Chuck who used to play for Illawarra, but I won't.


Because the league actually is run by some guy who used to play for Illawarra.


Named Chuck.


Still, this is not a time for recriminations. This is a time to celebrate the Tigers' second championship in three seasons, to waved legendary point guard Daryl McDonald into retirement with the best possible finish to his 42nd season, and to say "All is forgiven, Chris Anstey".


Also, because I promised dancing, and because this may be the only time I will have even a thin excuse for posting this picture, and most of all because the boots are awesome:



6 Comments:

Blogger Melba said...

but you're not actually WATCHING cashmere mafia are you.

[listening to kiss encore right now]

8:54 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Melbs

No, I will not be making that mistake, it just bugs me that I have a choice in relation to CM, or indeed It Takes Two, but stuff I actually care about is nowhere to be found.

Rock on.

9:01 PM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to wear black soled shoes on a basketball court.

4:30 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Dude
Another myth busted.

*goes swimming 29 minutes after lunch*

10:14 PM  
Blogger meva said...

Huh!

I just swallowed my chewing gum.

And I'M ALIVE!!

9:25 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Meva

Huh!

Yay!

Yay again!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home