Monday, January 21, 2008

The gay Ms O'Foot

Okay, I'm posting this before it gets any bigger.


For those who didn't read the post before last, several lovely people have submitted three statements about themselves, and your task is to email me your guesses as to which three statements match which blogger.

I'll email you your score and once entries are in, or in around a week's time, I'll announce the winner. I'll also post the correct answers, along with a few comments as to which of the guesses were most surprising.

Thanks to everyone who joined in. There are three statements each from Meva, Gigglewick, Mizanthrop, Adam, Leilani, Actonb, MelbourneGirl and me.


And here they are:



1. I have never owned a car.

2. I grew up in a Angelina Jolie style 'rainbow family'; both my sibs were adopted from different countries, in fact I'm the only member of my immediate family, (aside from my child/ren) to be born an Australian citizen.


3. When I started uni at 17, I wouldn't go to the Student Union for the first week because I thought I would have to show some kind of card to prove I was a Unionist. (And, no. Tony Abbott isn't my uncle.)

4. Once I drove to Sydney with 2 girlfriends in a VW beetle. We stopped in Albury for the night and went to a pub and met about 8 guys and we all then squeezed into the beetle to go to the local disco. I kissed one of the boys later.

5. I have not eaten McDonalds since 1991.

6. To get back at one of my brothers I once froze my own wee into ice cubes and served it to him in a glass of lemon cordial. (I was nine years old)

7. I went to primary school next door to Pentridge Prison. Through clumsy ball play and schoolyard bullies I lost a football, basketball and 4 tennis balls over the bluestone wall and in the 6 years I was there we had our lunchtime cut short twice while police scoured the area for escapees.


8. I used to be able to do a 360 on a skateboard.

9. I once told my Christian best friend that Greek Mythology makes more sense than christianity.

10. I was the under-17s doubles-kayaking champion in my state.

11. My elderly cat pissed on me while I was sound asleep in bed at 4am last week.


12. Once I won an egg-throwing competition.

13. Paul McDermott once sat on my lap. I think this caused permanent
damage to my sense of smell.

14. My brother used to sledge me by singing "You’ve got a big nose" to the tune of 1927’s "You’ll never know".

15. I never finished high school.

16. I got a massive and extremely well done line stroke painting of a samurai
slasher for Christmas.

17. My favourite café in the world is in Chattanooga. This is irritating.

18. I didn't get my first car until I was 26. It was a 1968 Merc with a fold back sunroof, I thought it was so cool, until it died.

19. I have no opinion whatsoever on Nicole Kidman's pregnancy.


20. I have a three metre high bamboo teepee in my front garden.

21. I have played netball with the daughter of Australian cricketing legend Ian Redpath.

22. My favourite car ever is a Skoda.

23. Both of my parents seriously considered joining the Communist Party when they were in their early 20's.

24. I still harbour a grudge against my mother for not letting me learn morris dancing while at Infants School.



Once again, this proves my theory that the most interesting thing about this blog is the people who read it.

Good luck!



18 Comments:

Blogger actonb said...

Bugger!

This is hard!

9:54 AM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Don't blame me, only three of those are mine (and they are probably the easy ones)

8:17 PM  
Blogger actonb said...

I have a draft in gmail and am swapping all the statements about. At the moment Adam has about 8. I think I'm going to SUCK at this.

8:30 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Oh great, nobody I know is going to blog for a week and it'smy fault.

Oops, whose idea was this, etc

9:52 PM  
Blogger mizanthrop said...

Bugger indeed!
I think I'm gonna do this pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey style.

As soon as I work out how to get the pin into the laptop screen.

10:22 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Miz
Thanks for your entry. Your score will be emailed to you shortly.

I can tell you that you are currently in the lead.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Melba said...

i'm working hard on this, i'm putting in the hours and so far i have this:

person number 1 and person number 18 are NOT THE SAME!

genius i know.

back to the drawing board.

1:35 AM  
Blogger mizanthrop said...

Ahh, the heady success of leading by default.

I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Melba said...

i'm sorry. i'm throwing in the towel from ring side as i sit defeated on my little stool in the corner of the ring.

i just can't see how to do this, when i feel i don't know anyone but inc who has contributed. this is because i am a bad blogger who doesn't visit other people's blogs enough.

i am ashamed.

but i look forward to reading the results and finding out something about everyone.

but can i just say, whoever did number 6 is my instant hero.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Leilani said...

I just realised this was here, how long have I got to enter. I am definitely sure about 3 of them, the rest I am completely in the wilderness. Although I plan to have fun working it out.

4:28 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Melbs

I think I can confirm that you were right about numbers 1 & 18.

Sorry to see you throw that towel, although I'm pretty sure I would have done the same if I didn't already know all the answers.

Can I entice you back by saying that if you enter now you're guaranteed of a place in the top three. Also, if you hit double figures, you'll be in first place.


Miz

I'm very sorry to tell you that you have been edged out of first and actonb is now leading.

You seem to have an iron grip on second, though.


Leilani

Take your time. Everyone else is too busy being irritated with me me to actually enter, so I'm going to leave this open for a while yet.

Good luck.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Melba said...

so how we going with this? has anyone emailed an entry?

maybe i should go cruising around the other contestants' blogs to try and get hints.

maybe i should just try and guess inc's ones.

maybe i should drink some coffee.

yes.

9:36 AM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

MG

We have three entries so far. I'm hoping for a few more.

Good call on the coffee.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Melba said...

please don't make me hurt my brain trying to even come up with one match.

i shall just look forward to the results.

and you have no idea how unusual it is for me to bow out of a contest. i am usually the one there until the bitter end. hanging on with ragged fingernails. crying tears of anger. swearing.

but this comp. i just can't do.

but that' ok.

9:19 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Melbster

I am kind of getting the impression that there will not be any more entries, so if I can find some time next week I'll post the final scores, correct answers, and a detailed description of the prize cake.

Anyone who wants to enter, can, but if nobody else does, it will simply validate my theory that this competition was freakin' impossible, and then I shall go back to posting random observations about music and stupidly bad puns.

Hope you're having an excellent weekend.

9:17 PM  
Blogger actonb said...

Inc, I reckon the problem is that, unlike the original situation in which you did this comp, bloggers are by their very nature anonymous personas... So the real facts in all likelihood bear no resemblance to the blogger.

They were awesome facts however, and I look forward to finding out who they relate to... I think the reveal will be fantastic and lead to a better understanding of our fellow blogger, which can only be a Good Thing.

thanks for facilitating this!

11:41 AM  
Blogger meva said...

Aaaaghhhhh! I've been frantically busy and just got to this post!

I'm determined to crack this. Can I email you with my answers in the next day or two?

9:13 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Actonb
You are exactly right, that is why this competition was impossible and the reveal will be excellent, if delayed slightly due to the next/previous comment.

Meva
You're in luck. I was going to post the results tonight but I got distracted reading about Super Tuesday and your comment came in before I posted. So yes, please do send your answers in the next day or two and lets keep the suspense going just that little bit longer.

Good luck.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home