Saturday, November 24, 2007

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

A little tune dedicated to our former Prime Minister (and is that not the happiest phrase EVER), lyrics by INC and music by Mike Oldfield (who probably thought he was writing a song called "Moonlight Shadow" at the time)



The last time ever we saw him (carried away, by a massive landslide)


He found out nobody adores him (carried away, by a massive landslide)


Stuck in a nightmare this Saturday night


Completely pantsed by the other side


Interest rates went up and it was really goodnight


And his message just wouldn't cut through





The rodent's finally leaving (carried away, by a massive landslide)


And I don't see anybody grieving (when he was carried away, by a massive landslide)


He really thought he could win another one


As the kids today say "Dude he went so dumb"


Turns out it was over before it had begun


And his message just couldn’t cut through





I say, hooray


That stupid bastard's finally going away


I say, o yay


I knew we'd be rid of him, one day








He made me think of emigrating (until he was carried away by a massive landslide)


With his policies that were all written by Satan (until he was carried away by a massive landslide)


Such a shame to see him looking so bereft


When he always thought that he was so deft


Turns out fear and loathing were all he had left


And that message just didn't cut through









I say, hooray


I knew he'd lose to Kevin and it happened today


I stayed, I prayed,



That I'd be proud to be Australian again, one day


......





And, with that, we can conclude that Redgum have been right all along. And I will wake up tomorrow as a very, very happy man.

5 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

And thanks to NOTCRAIGSTRADAMOUS for giving so many dudes and chicks the courage to step up and change the world into a betterer place. Did your electorate swing?

8:10 AM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

OUTSTANDING WORK MY FRIEND.

8:11 AM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Adam
It is as kind as it is massively inaccurate to suggets that I had anything to do with it.

My electorate did swing, but, sadly, not enough. I should have voted a few more times, it seems

Giggles
Thank you. Events like this should be marked, even if it is with stupid lyrics set to largely forgotten tunes.

Also, I hope you're enjoying the mad rush for the backbench as much as I am.

10:22 PM  
Blogger meva said...

Fabuloso! Never have I enjoyed another's total humiliation so very, very much.

10:40 AM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Meva

And it's good to have bloggy friends to share the joy with. Glad you enjoyed it too.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home