Thursday, November 22, 2007

R.E.S.P.E... oh forget it

I had a little conversation at work today that I thought I'd share. I was chatting to my dear colleague The Empress about parenting but specifically about the lack of sleep that goes with it. It went like this.


INC: The thing is, you have never actually seen what I am like after getting proper night's sleep*

Empress: You're sane?

INC: Well, no. But I have much more energy for coming up with funny stuff

Empress: OH FAR OUT! *quite literally runs out of the room*

*beat*

*Empress returns*

Empress: You need to have more kids.




I will refrain from commenting on the utter injustice of this and content myself with assuring you that, yes, she really did actually exclaim "Oh far out!" and that was the most wonderful thing I have heard in ages.







* The Empress and I have been working together for three years. Just for context.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home