Saturday, October 27, 2007

Just in one of those moods, y'know?

Dear Management of MMM

Yes, I know this has already been commented on,but I just started reading Tony Martin's Lolly Scramble and so I have to ask you a simple question.

How much crack did you people smoke before you decvided to axe "Get This"?

Also, did you move on to some particularly potent crystal meth before you decided to explain your reasoning?

Here's where I'm confused. Your rationale was, apparently, that you wanted to divert resources to your new breakfast show, apparently starring Peter Helliar and Myf Warhurst.

They are replacing "The Cage". Presumably the five members of that particular 'morning crew' were not working for free. Myf is coming to you from Triple J where she is used to working for the type of salary that causes those guys washing windscreens at traffic lights to mock you. Offer Myf whatever Duclos was on, I'm sure she'll take it, despite being a billion times better at what she does.

And then we have Peter Helliar. Listen carefully: THIS MAN IS NOT FUNNY. He never has been. He never will be. If you are paying him four times as much as the average Cage wage, you are not getting value. Around half of what Pete Berner currently earns would seem to be a reasonable starting point.

So, given that your salary costs for the breakfast shift will now be aqround 70% lower than they were, you could actually give the Get This team more money, which seems sensible since they rate well and they are actually funny, and you would still break even.

If the actual issue is that you wanted to play more music during the day, did it even ocur to you clowns that, speaking of keeping costs down, you could have at least offerred 'Get This' the breakfast shift? Or was working out the daily schedule just too difficult because all the clocks kept melting? I hear those invisible ninjas can be terribly distracting also.

Despite all this, you continue to find ways to give Jason Dunstall more airtime. What did Andrew Gaze do to upset you? Exactly?

If you want me to never listen to your radio station again, wouldn't it have been simpler just to send me an email?

Yours most sincerely,

INC

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*nods wholeheartedly in agreement*

effing triple m dickwads.. heres hoping and praying that tony, ed and richard will find a new home soon.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Leilani said...

Well said. What a joke. We always knew Triple M were a bunch of bogan-lovers, they're just confirming it for us. Did you read the GG column with quotes from the program director? I've just mocked him on my blog but really, this guy's already proven he's a tool.

And just quietly...I hear there are tentative plans underway for Get This and it ain't with Triple M.

12:21 AM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

This kind of things makes me so glad I don't live in Melbourne anymore. I can't choose not to listen to MMM because I can't get reception down my way. I can hate by proxy though.

Having said all of this, I heart Tony Martin, almost as much as I heart Kerry O'Brien.

10:31 AM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Sharptooty
Thanks for your support. Also, if you are perchance a distant relative of Sharpatootha's, please mention next time you see her that we miss her blogging a whole heap.

'Lani
Yes, teh GG article inspired this post too. I must say I preferred yours, and I am going to actually get around to commenting on it any minute now.

Giggles
I am mildly surprised that you heart anyone almost as much as Kerry O.

You heart Mr Fix more, obvs.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home