Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I, I was standing, you were there...

I may have mentioned in passing that, a fgew weeks ago, many of my lovely friends gave up a very pleasant Saturday to move my furniture from one place to another, which frankly can;t have been their first choice for how to spend a weekend. This made me realise how few of these people know each other, although at least one fishing trip got organised in the course of the day so I guess they all know each other now.

Mostly, everything went smoothly, except for one awkward moment when I introduced my friend the Dude to my other close friend the Real Actual Craig. It went something like this:


INC: Dude, this is Craig, Craig, this is the Dude

Dude: [looks at Craig thoughtfully for a moment] Right. So, you're not Craig, but he is.

Craig: [looks mightily miffed that apparently the first thing people who meet him think of is this blog. For slightly longer than is comfortable]

INC: [trying to think of a way out of this] Wow, do you see how famous I have made you?

Craig: No, this shows how famous you have made "not me".


And I guess he was right.

It is good that I have some very tolerant friends.

And that I never plan to move ever again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home