Sunday, August 26, 2007

I can't hide all these thoughts in my mind

Apologies for the pointformness of this post, which results from a degree of busyness consistent with moving house in one week’s time. In any case, here are a few things I did this weekend on the company love in planning weekend, held at a secret location guarded by an ancient order of monks called Marysville

1. Hit the boss’s wife in the head with a snowball, from a quite impressive distance
2. Saw a very nice waterfall
3. Ate oxtail consommé
4. Played an entire game of volleyball with a heavy jumper on because the boss had threatened to sack anyone caught wearing a Kevin ’07 T-shirt
5. Drank possibly just a little bit more red wine than I should have
6. Remained lucid enough to refuse to participate in a sing along to a Robbie Williams song because, and I quote, “I hate his music with the fire of a thousand suns”
7. Agreed instead to entertain my colleagues with an a capella rendition of Gina G’s “Ooh Aah (Just a little bit)” on the condition that at least 5 of my colleagues acted as backing dancers.

My attempts to deny that that last one ever happened would have been more convincing if the office manager hadn’t recorded the whole thing on video. I’m sure she’s putting it on YouTube right now.

I have no regrets. No matter how ridiculous I looked and sounded, watching five lawyers trying to dance in some sort of co-ordinated manner was still close to the funniest thing I have ever seen.

10 Comments:

Blogger meva said...

Fabulous! I must keep my eye open on YouTube for INC & the Craigettes!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Ms Batville said...

I have always though Gina G would make a comeback. Sadly this has not eventuated. Hope the moving preparation goes well.

Cheers
Ms B

PS - I am sad to report that there was no reading to be had on my recent trip. I was sitting next to a horribly smelly man on the flight over so sleep was a better option. The flight back was too sad (holiday ending etc) for me to concentrate for more than 5 minutes. Nonetheless Sharon is now enconsed in my bookcase for next time.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Melba said...

"i hate his music with the fire of a thousand suns"

this made me laugh out loud. fantastic.

as did the gina g thing. very funny. dancing lawyers. name for a band?

8:26 AM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

What kind of snowball:

a) marshmallow confection
b) mid-90s party drug
c) actually made of snow?

This would make all the difference, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not aware of a secret order of monks called "Marysville", although it seems an appropriate name for an order.

Hey - what was your boss doing threatening to sack people whilst on a corporate retreat? Surely THAT is against all the rules.

9:36 AM  
Blogger actonb said...

You knew that I would go scurrying off to youtube immediately didn't you? And that I had to suffer Gina G's Eurovision entry as an act of penance?

And you are so very right about Robbie Williams. There is *something* about that man that makes me Just Say No.

11:14 AM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Meva
It will be worth the wait, surely

Ms B
Hooray, you're back!

The Gina G revival is just around the corner, I'm certain of it. And when it does happen, remember that you heard it here first.

MG
I'm glad that made you laugh. At the time, people just looked at me as if I was slightly mad.

Giggles
It was (c). Are there corporate retreats where people throw party drugs and confectionary at each others' heads? Sign me up.

And dude, if you were aware of a secret order of monks, by name, that would suggets that Somebody Was Not Doing His Job.

I hope Brother Eildon doesn't get fired.

Actonb
What on earth did you tell YouTube you were looking for. On the available information, you would have had to type in something like "Some idiot singing a Gina G song very badly"

If that was what you searched for, and the search results included the real Gina G singing at Eurovision, well that's a bit harsh of YouTube, isn't it?

7:06 AM  
Blogger Leilani said...

I'm wrapped up in Kev 07 in bed these days.

11:02 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Leilani
A grateful nation thanks you (for that image)

6:28 AM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

for crying out loud am i the only person on earth without a Kevin 07 tshirt?

(JH probably doesn't have one, but I'll BET Tony Abbott does)

12:12 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Giggles

Recent media reports would suggest that most people who have ordered them also do not have a Kevin 07 T-shirt

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home