Wednesday, July 18, 2007

NA NA NA NA WEY-HEY-EY GOODBYE

This one's for my good friend Princess* who sadly leaves my workplace for apparently greener pastures at the end of this week. In honour of this unfortunate-for-me event, here's a brief list of things I recommend for farewell cards on occasions such as this when good luck with your career we'll miss you etc etc seems a little too cliched. These include:

1. I think I speak for us all when I say that we will miss you like a left arm that was lost in a war. Okay, maybe the others wouldn't have said it exactly like that...

2. This must be how Buffy felt when Giles moved to England

3. Near, far, wherever you are, you are safe in my heart and my heart will go on and on.

4. This workplace without you will be like Mt Thomas Police Station without the wise and calm leadership of Sgt Tom Croydon**

5. As Cyndi Lauper once said "There's a hole in my heart that goes all the way to China, though you can't see the bottom you know it's a long way down."



Today's quiz: How many of these do you think I have actually used?

It's more than one.






* Not MG's daughter, just someone else with the same name


** In fairness, that particular guy does look, sound, talk and act exactly like John Woods.

5 Comments:

Blogger actonb said...

Definitely #2.

And I shall be using that one in future....

'Apparently' greener pastures?

10:18 PM  
Blogger meva said...

I reckon you've used 1, 2, 4 and 5. Possibly all in the same speech, because both they and you are brilliant!

11:16 AM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

I suggest 2 and 4. And I will be using 2 on my friend when I have to leave her tomorrow.

4:34 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Hey everyone, thanks for playing.

The answer is actually 'all of the above' but I'm quietly happy that everyone guessed the Buffy one and no-one guessed teh Celine Dion one.

Also..

Actonb
Surprisingly enough, after two and a half years of hating my job, things have improved a whole heap and I'm actually starting to enjoy it.

Meva
You are very kind. Sadly, I'm yet to get them all into one speech but it's good to have a new goal.

Giggles
Did you actually do that and how did that work out for you?

9:19 PM  
Blogger Ms Batville said...

This is truly inspirational. I'm printing this list out and sticking it by my desk for easy reference!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home