Saturday, June 30, 2007

Working with me is fun

This is a conversation I had on Thursday with a friend who has recently announced her resignation from that place where I work

I should mention that this followed an earlier and quite bizarre conversation with the office manager which ended with me writing my name on a post–it note and telling everyone I was going to stick it on one of the spare muffins out the back.

The later conversation went something like this...


INC: I have worked out what’s going to happen when I finally lose it. I’m going to stick post-it notes on everything in the entire office.


Workmate: What the hell are you talking about?


INC: I am going to claim, not just that muffin, but absolutely everything in the entire office. Everything.


Increasing bemused workmate: That’s great. Can you make sure that you do that before I leave?


INC: Yes. Yes I will. You’ll come in one morning and the receptionists will have notes stuck to their heads


Now quite freaked workmate: Well, um, I hope you’re feeling better tomorrow.


INC: My tip? Wear a hat. Goodnight!



When I told Honey Bear about that conversation, she pointed out that, if I was going to be claiming everything including accessories, I should first ensure that my workmate was wearing a hat that Honey Bear would like. Ooh, and black knee length boots. In size six.



If I had needed further proof that I married the right woman, that would have been, like, so totally it.

5 Comments:

Blogger gigglewick said...

I didn't realise vampires were fans of muffins. Shows what I know.

Honeybear has the right idea. And I can say this with the confidence of some one who has just bought - for the first time - black knee length boots. I'm starting to wonder what I was doing with my life before I had them....

7:10 PM  
Blogger Melba said...

honeybear has tiny feet.

that's all i've got.

x

1:39 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Giggles
Everyone likes muffins.

MG
You know what they say. Tiny feet, exceptionally hot babe.

Well, maybe they don't say that, but it's true in this particular case.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Oh hi. I didn't see you come in.
I was just leaving you a note, but since you're hear I might as well just tell you.

I realise you've asked some questions that I have been quite tardy in answering. I'm stil claiming RSI as reasons for not answering sooner, but in actual fact I always did rad comments when I had no work to do and no one could see my computer. I've changed contracts and am currently out of sight of anyone I might need to impress.

So, yo, here you go:

'Adam' as a internet name totally works for me. It is quite common so it allows me to still hide away from internet surfer friends and family but it's obviously fairly familiar and feels like people are addressing me.

I'm sure Aussie Rock Chick would be fine with e-mailing you or anyone interested the name of her band and whatnot. She just didn't want anyone doing a google search on her band name to find her thoughts on the band, bandmembers and process.

3 weird things about ARC:

For a creative person, she is almost impossibly systematic. She does like order, having everything on her desk at right angles and other things that aren't traditionally married to being creative. She loves having a list to work from. Confusingly, this need for order doesn't apply to all things, her shoes are all over the house, but the towels in the cupboard are ordered not just by colour but by shade of colour.

To continue the theme of conflicting thingamigies. She loves indie films and arthouse flicks and especially hates big blockbuster America saving the universe explosions everywhere movies. Straightforward likes and dislikes, except sometimes she loves her couch and way corny American chickflicks.

The day after staying up late, seeing a band or having a glass of wine ARC will sound like Barry White. While weird, it's also upsetting that someone who wants to sing for a living has such a fragile voice, while my voice is invincible (and tuneless) to everything but a massive cold. Ironically, ARC has no real interest in being a computer guru and her tops of hands are fine. Me however...

Through the magic of e-mail, ARC sent through this list of weird things about me:

1. You have siblings 25 years your junior.
2. You like cucumber and pineapple on a sandwich.
3. You can't touch anything after you cut your nails.
4. You like to run more than you like to walk. You like to stand more than you like to sit down. You like to run up stairs more than you like to take the lift. You like to jump things taller than yourself.

We're either not weird enough or observant enough to come up with 6 things each. To rectify for the next time this question comes up, I'm gonna get my weird on.

2:49 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Adam

Wooah, excellent answers.

Welcome back.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home