Monday, September 10, 2007

INC goes global (in Iowa)

What with everything that's been going on lately, we have delayed our local Father's Day celebrations by a week or two (although, good son that I am, I managed to buy a reasonably decent looking box of chocolates and hand it to my father on the actual Day).

All things considered, I was very excited to find an email in my inbox at work today which said this:

"Hello, inc@incsworkplace.com.au
Of All The Famous Dads In The World None Compare To You."

This was followed by a fairly surprising link to the homepage of the Osky Indians.

I'm not quite sure how the good people of Oskaloosa, Iowa heard about my Famous Parenting, but it was very nice of them to take the time to acknowledge it.

To avoid confusion, it appears that I am only famous in Iowa. Nobody in Oskaloosa, Kansas has any idea who I am.

This is all pretty exciting, as Oskaloosa is also the home of Phil Jones, rock musician, who once toured with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

As you may have guessed, Oskaloosa is also home to the Osky Indians Volleyball team. Their recent battle with the women of Pella is rather excitingly described here.

I read this review twice, partly because I enjoyed the vivid language along the lines of "The Lady Dutch used three straight kills and an ace by Ashley Meirick for a 12-10 advantage" and "Snowbarger, Flander and Abby Pollard all had five kills as Snowbarger added four aces, 11 assists and five digs", but mostly because I was endlessly fascinated to discover that "Pella clawed its way back following a timeout although it didn't know it at the time."

You do not find sports journalism of this quality just anywhere, people. Writers of the Pella Chronicle, we salute you. I will be checking for updates regularly.

1 Comments:

Blogger gigglewick said...

Phil Jones!!! Wow!!!

Let's hope for Oskaloosa's sake he never moves!!!

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home