Thursday, August 30, 2007

Same old song/ just a drop of water in an endless sea

I realise that I have posted about songs getting stuck in my head a time or two before, but I think I have discovered the stupidest one yet and it would be wrong not to blog about it.

For context, I have spent the past 28 days desperately trying to organize a loan from an incompetent bank with the help of an incompetent mortgage broker, whilst simultaneously arranging loans from two family members and mostly thinking the whole deal was going to fall through with the inevitable consequences of homelessness etc.

During that time, Honey Bear and I have used the expression ‘all our ducks in a row’ so often that when the last bank cheque was finally issued just a little less than 48 hours before settlement was due to take place, I rang Honey Bear and said “Quack”. She quite naturally enquired along the lines of “Dude wtf?” and I explained that that was the sound of the last duck in the row and she was very pleased.


The point here is that if there was a song called “Ducks in a Row” it would be stuck in my head by now, but since there isn’t, my brain showed way too much initiative and invented one without being asked. The lyrics are still a work in progress, but the chorus, sung to the tune of Kansas’ “Dust in the Wind”, is irritatingly memorable.

Sometimes I suspect that my creative side hates me.

For more on the meaning of having one’s ducks in a row, you really, really must click here


Settlement is due to take place tomorrow morning and all going well we move on Saturday. This means that it may be some days before this computer is in any way connected to an internet, so I apologise in advance for any non-responsiveness to comments and emails and stuff.

Also, if you will forgive the sickening crunch of metaphorical gears as we shift from birds to mammals, if this settlement actually goes ahead I will feel the sense of self satisfaction that can only be compared to a man who sets out to herd cats and ends up with something like this:



legokitty.jpg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home