Thursday, September 13, 2007

Have you noticed how when chutney's bad it's still pretty good?

The absolute highlight of work in the past two weeks was last Thursday, when I ate some chutney.

It was not even very good chutney.

So, rather than travelling down the long and whining road of posting about work. I decided to take some time to update my much neglected links. A very overdue and also very big welcome to Leilani, Killer Rabbit, Grover Jones, The Man at the Pub and everyone over at Square Eyes.



In other news:

After watching the Chaser last night, and reading that the Foreign Minister said "The point is they were in any case arrested, so I think the security works", I am convinced that, despite all evidence to the contrary over the past 12 years, Alexander Downer is clearly a comic genius.

Unless of course he is just a dude who is wishing he'd bothered to look at the video before commenting.



Also, this just in:

Hugo Weaving rang me yesterday. He was wearing a suit and some sunglasses and screaming "It is inevitable".

I assume he was referring to the fact that I have signed up for Facebook.

If so, he was right.

7 Comments:

Blogger gigglewick said...

on the other hand....the universe appears intact.

And the people in my town at least don't seem to have started wearing black leather overcoats.

But then, this is the country.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Harpo said...

I missed the Chaser this week. I feel so uncool. Me and Alexander Downer. We both missed the Chaser and we're both now feeling uncool.

To raise my level of cool I may start wearing black leather overcoats. I'll start when Alexander Downer does.

What are the chances of topping your chutney experience during the next fortnight? A condiment upgrade of some sort? Gourmet preserves in the office? Zataar? Is there any chance at all a highlight might come from the actual work there?

10:19 AM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

Harpo,

You mean Alexander Downer is only just beginning to realise he's not cool?

12:38 PM  
Blogger actonb said...

Hmmm.

It depends on just how bad said bad chutney is. Because I just had an unfortunate experience with green tomato chutney that should really have been labelled green tomato jam, it was that feral. And also not green.

Doesn't everyone wear black leather overcoats in Melbourne? Over their black skivvy's? I'm so confused now.

And I can't find INC on Facebook :(

Harpo - if you missed Chaser it actually makes you alternative as every man and his dog managed to watch it this week. You're being a conscientious objector. Downer is just conscientiously objectionable.

3:02 PM  
Blogger killerrabbit said...

Why thank you for the link INC. As long as Keanu doesn't ring you and try to act. He is cute and all but he has the acting range of a jar of not very good chutney.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Leilani said...

My highlight of last week featured AD calling Rudd a show off for conversing in a foreign tongue.

Thanks for the link, I will repay the favour when I set that sidebar thing up...soon...

3:37 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Giggles
My relief is indescribable.
Or possibly just 'big'.

Harps
I'd be betting on the zataar. If I knew what it was. Some new type of Sudoku?

Acto
Hmmm, I guess I haven;t really given you enough hints to enable you to find me on Facebook. For reasons I'll explain in my next post, I'm trying to keep my blog and my Facebook page as separate as possible. Of course, this is driving me completely mental, as the first thing I wanted to do when I signed up was track down all my bloggy friends and possibly throw cows at them.

In a good way, obvs.

KR
Keanu and I do not have many things in commin, except for a fondness for long black coats and quite similar amounts of acting talent.

I think you are being slightly unfair.

To the chutney.

Leilani

I missed that particular moment of inspired comedy from the foreign minister. Like I said, a comic genius.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home