Wednesday, March 05, 2008

What's next...

And we're back.




I seem to have regained at least enough perspective to recognise that I don't have that much to emo about and it's time to get on with things. Thanks again to everyone who sent nice comments and emails during my brief (and, may I say, somewhat spectacular) loss of emotional balance. I can't guarantee that it won't happen again, but, just for now, I'm doing pretty well.




Part of the reason for my good cheer is that Honey Bear and I will be spending the long weekend with our friends Bingtown and Cruz and five, count them, five children aged three and under, in an exotic and mysterious location their beach house in Rye. If this doesn't take my mind off stuff, nothing will.




Also, let me just take a moment to mention that I love being married, and here's why:






Finally, I have a question. Frances O'Connor acted both Cate Blanchett and Richard Roxburgh off the screen in "Thank God He Met Lizzie". She was awesome in Mansfield Park and she was, quite clearly, the only redeeming presence in the merrily script free disaster otherwise known as Kiss or Kill. I genuinely believe that this woman is incapable of turning in a bad performance.


All things considered, and taking into account my almost equally great respect for Miranda Otto, would it be best if I avoided tonight's episode of Cashmere Mafia?


Just asking, etc

4 Comments:

Blogger Melba said...

i'm avoiding it based purely on two facts. the godawful promos they have running in mags where frances's boobs are pushed up to the max with a wonderbra, and they have makeup plastered on with a trowel. the second is that it just seems like a reworked sex in the city.

i know, i know, they are saying it isn't. but i reckon it is.

life's too short for that sort of boring rehash.

1:14 PM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

Did you know that Kiss or Kill had no musical soundtrack whatsoever? Fact!

I suspect it will be shite. But if it is not, I will gratefully accept evidence to the contrary.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Leilani said...

I caught 15 mins of Cashmere Mafia and it was baaaaaad. Way contrived and too ridiculous.

12:17 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

MG
Wise. Very wise. I tried watching it but didn;t even make it to the first add break before giving up and putting on a video.

Giggles

I watched the whole thing and utterly failed to notice that. Oops.

I'm not sure whether the latter part of your comment relates to Kiss or Kill or Cashmere Mafia. Either way, it's bad.

Leilani
Well done for lasting a full 15 minutes. You beat me by at least 12.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home