Sunday, September 24, 2006

Early morning ramblings


It’s 5.40am and I am writing this during the brief window of opportunity between Cherub finally, finally, going to sleep (Honey Bear, bless her, has been up most of the night and it is well and truly her turn to get some rest) and the inevitable early morning waking of the Bundle, which on recent form will be no later than 6.30.

The past week at work has been, even by the lofty standards set by this job, one of the most frustrating, tedious, energy draining pointless exercises I have ever had the misfortune to experience. Admittedly, they did pay me to turn up and my boss had a networking lunch with a local business on Thursday, so whilst I didn’t get a free lunch exactly there was some wonderfully nice cheese left over. This helped get me through the afternoon.

After the past few nights of more broken that usual sleep, I am so tired that I can barely remember what my own name is. I wake up panicking, wondering if I really am Craig and this whole thing has been a lie. It’s seriously concerning.

The point of this post is that I am actually feeling remarkable happy so I thought I would try to figure out why. Here are a few possibilities:

1. I got a haircut yesterday, which means I no longer look like I have some sort of hamster living where my hair would usually be (you will notice I cleverly avoided revealing my awful haircut in my profile photo by wearing a hat).

2. For reasons that sometimes escape me, it appears that people actually read this blog. I’m not sure how many, but even the number of regular visitors here is in single figures, I’m just excited that anybody has read more than one of my posts.

3. These early starts on weekends are great. By 9.30am yesterday, Bundle and I had already spent three most enjoyable hours building train tracks out of those little wooden pieces you get from Ikea, racing each other around the loungeroom, reading stories together, dancing, drinking good coffee (or, in his case, water in a coffee cup) and playing kick to kick up and down the hallway.

4. Dinner last night was veal scaloppini accompanied by a cheap but surprisingly good bottle of chardonnay. I love being able to cook.

5. It’s Sunday. I spent a wonderful day with my wife and two beautiful boys yesterday and I get to do it again today. It doesn’t get any better than that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Watershedd said...

You are not Craig. I know. I've met him. Your identity crisis is now over. Be reassured (and Craig also.)

10:56 AM  
Blogger Melba said...

you're right. it doesn't get any better than that.

10:33 AM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Waters,

Finally, the confirmation we've all been waiting for.

1. There is a Craig
2. I am not him
3. It all makes perfect sense now

Thank you.

Melbsy,

Thanks as ever. Hope you're having fun fishing or whatever it is that you are actually doing this week.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home