Thursday, February 08, 2007

Five reasons to read this

In great news for those who want to read even more stuff about me, Aussie Rock Chick has tagged me for a meme which I think means I have to tell you five things you didn’t already know. And here they are.

1. I once marched in the Anzac Day parade.

The reason I have never mentioned this is that, having done so, I have to admit that I was in a marching band.

This was a very long time ago.

My favourite thing about the whole experience was that there were clearly more veterans than marching bands so after we had marched the whole length of the parade route we had to get on a bus and go back to the start and do it again.

Surely people watching the parade must have noticed this.

2. I own a sarong

And I wear it often, although mostly just around the house rather than to work or something.

3. I have read more than on edition of Creation Ex Nihilo

This is (or possibly was?) the official magazine of the Australian creation science movement. An old friend of the family was right into this whole creation science thing (was it just a coincidence that he was from Queensland?) and because a certain member of my family was silly enough to express a polite interest rather than screaming DUDE YOU’RE A NUT, this guy decided to give us a free subscription for a year.

The good news is they only published it quarterly. Still, that meant at least four occasions where I could get together with my brother and sisters and spend a good half hour mocking this thing.

It’s kind of the written equivalent of watching The Bachelor.

4. I am surprisingly amused by the word ‘quiche’

Okay, this one is a bit slack. But true.

Quiche quiche quiche quiche. See, it’s just hilarious.

5. I once wrote poetry for a Pizza Hut waitress

For reasons that escape me, a few of my friends decided we should celebrate my 18th birthday by going to all you can eat night at Pizza Hut. From there, it was inevitable that we would use the menu as a scorecard. It was not necessarily inevitable that we would all decide to entertain our waitress (a delightful young lady named Coral) by writing poetry for her, but I suppose that if you hang around with people who were destined to help invent the game of “You’re not Craig”, this is the sort of stuff that will happen.


Do I have to tag people? Anyone reading this who has not already done it can do it. If they want to. And don't forget to let us know when you do.

11 Comments:

Blogger Aussie Rock Chick said...

What did you play? In the marching band...

Surely you were a tuba man???

4:28 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

You must have been the tuba man because marching bands don't have bass guitars. The tuba man was the best anyway, if they found themselves in a war, surely he was the only one who could fight the baddies off with his massive gusts of air.

Unless the clarinet player uses their instrument like a sword, then they are the best.

Which one were you, and please rate your potential instrument fighting skills out of 10?

P.S) How is honeybear? Can she does us a couple of things that we wouldn't know about you?

7:51 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Hi.

Please replace the above word 'does' with the more accurate word 'tell'.

Thank you kindly.

7:53 PM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

INCraig,

That would be me.

I had to check if I had done it already and despite the fact that I had, I'm feeling a bit lazy, so if you're curious to learn an ADDITIONAL five things about me, you can do so over at my place.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Should we be concerned over the lack on INC the last few days? Has there been some kind of battle and INC could be lying wounded with a broken tuba patiently waiting for our rescue attempts?

Has he spent days bogged down with paperwork from starting his new company called Inc Inc?

1:50 PM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

Adam,

Your plan to draw him out with sharpish wordplay risky yet innovative.

* crosses fingers *

8:37 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

ARC and Adam

Yes, I was the tuba man.

We are way better than clarinet players in battle situations. IN marching band situations, you have to suspect that people who play clarinet, or trumpet or something, have shown a little bit more foresight.


Adam, Honey Bear is well. We have both been away from the blogosphere due to two children who are both teething at the same time oh my goodness there has been lots of yelling around here and often until appallingly late at night please make it stop.

I will let her know about your request and continue my ongoing campaign to get her to guest post on here/start a blog etc.

I would rate my instrument fighting skills at 8/10. It should be higher but I am excessively self deprecating like that.

The Inc Inc thing rocked.

Gigglewick

I have read yours and everyone else should go them and do likewise.

7:08 AM  
Blogger actonb said...

Sorry, late to the table, but that creation science thing has thrown me. Did it have lots of articles about dinosaurs being 'planted'? I used to work at the Christian Bookshop Chain of SATAN, and the creation science texts were just... freaky. And that's saying a lot considering most of the crappola output of the Christian Publishing industry. When people bought them I couldn't hide my sniggering. Maybe that's why I ended up tidying up shelves a lot...

10:40 AM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Actonb

I actually can't remember much of the content, I used to just read it for laughs and to marvel at the 'logic'.

It came in handy a week or so back when I was staying with my brother in law and reading his Australian Skeptic magazines. When they were mocking creationalists, I could read it and say "Hey, I remember that guy" and so forth. It made it more entertaining.

And you worked in a Christian bookstore chain? Which of the evil ones was it?

8:50 PM  
Blogger actonb said...

*whispers*
Koorong.

8:02 AM  
Blogger PiesFan90 said...

my daughter did the ANZAC day march, as part of a band and she had to go around twice. So the tradition continues.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home