Friday, February 16, 2007

More cuteness? Yes

So, it's been a week or so and nothing much has happened except much not sleeping, mild distaste for my job and serious amounts of growing of new teeth. So, since I can't blog about the incredible amount of random weird stuff that happened at work this week because any of my colleagues who read blogs would instantly know it was me if they ever accidentally read this, it's time for much more of 'hey hi how cute are my childrens'.

Cherub is all giggly and trying to walk and eating whatever we feed him or he can steal from his big brother and there is much general gorgeousness. He has also started saying 'mumma' and 'dada' and on a really good day he'll sit in my arms and cling to my neck in a manner utterly reminiscent of a koala bear.

As for Bundle, he keeps finding new ways to be cute, but one of my favourites happened during a trip to the supermarket a couple of months ago. As we passed another small boy sitting in a trolley, that boy started bouncing up and down in his seat. Bundle pointed at him and said "Bunny!"

He followed this up by bouncing up and down in his own seat and announcing "Bundle's bunny too."

Also, I love reading stories with him when there are pictures of bunnies, just so I can ask what sound a bunny makes and get the inevitable reply of "Rabbit rabbit."

SO CUTE.


And just one question. My two year old son now takes showers by himself. Is this normal?

6 Comments:

Blogger gigglewick said...

Yep. That is totally fine. If he starts inviting other two-year-olds around to a hot-tub party, you've got aproblem, but for now it's all good.

Grizzlewick had something go wrong with his Geo Trax the other day and blithely commented to his grandfather, "Oh, that's disappointing, isn't it?". If he's growing up too fast, I'm not sure how to stop it.

8:07 PM  
Blogger actonb said...

My two-year old twins adore having showers by themselves (but with each other, if that makes sense...)
My only issue is that they get down on the floor and lap at the water like puppies. Or bunnies even...

11:59 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Does he sing in the shower? If he sings Duke of Earl or the Little Old Lady from Pasadena, then he might be growing up super quick, same if he shaves away his 5pm shadow. If he's singing We Built This City (On Rock and Roll) or anything from the Young Divas he's right on track.

Kind Regards,
Adam - expert of your childrens.

6:30 PM  
Blogger meva said...

I love the cute. LOVE it!

7:57 AM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Giggles
We have not told him that we have a hot tub, otherwise this would already be happening.

Actonb
You have two year old twins? You must be some sort of superwoman

Adam
I'm glad that you are an expert of my childrens. I will be sending you questions frequently.

Meva
I'm glad you love the cute. There will be lots more.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Melba said...

adam you're so funny.

re the showers, princess didn't embrace the shower until quite old. she would love lazing in the bath, rolling around a bit like a pink porpoise. we would bath together. she would bathe with friends, cousins, any one going.

this is all when she was alot younger. but we did have a bath together not too long ago, when we read storm boy.

i'd say 2 years old is fine, but i'd be worried if he was getting it going and adjusting the temp himself. and make sure he doesn't turn it off himself, cold water first etc. probably can't reach the taps.

how cute.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home