Tuesday, November 04, 2008

In an un-gardened moment

Just a few of the things I was thinking about whilst gardening today:

  • If Barack Obama loses, it will be because everything thinks he will win and no one bothers to vote for him. If the USA is so concerned about voter turnout, would the first step in sorting this out possibly be to move the election to a damn weekend?

  • Who was it who first came up with the term "booby trap" and did they realise just how funny people would find that in the future?

  • If I am ever asked to construct an ad campaign for a speed dating service, I will find it very difficult not to use the slogan "Wine me, dine me, ill-define me"

  • Thanks to this excellent post, a whole bunch of stuff about ethnicity and identity that can now be found in the comments section of aforementioned excellent post.

  • Is it possible that the producers of "I kissed a girl" might have made even more money if they had found a singer who did not try to convince us that she "liked it" even though she sounded like someone had stuck her foot in a bear trap and refused to remove it until she got the words right?

  • There is absolutely no excuse for Lilydale Topping. Unless someone is planning to eat Lilydale, stop making it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's Lilydale topping? Can you eat it?

3:31 PM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

I encourage you to read Julie's post at alittlepregnant.com re voting intentions in her household.

Very amusing.

10:15 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Ms Greenaway

Lilydale topping is horrible. If you think of the types of little white pebbles that occasionally get used as paths or driveways, and go everywhere and need to be swept up constantly or people fall over a lot, that's the stuff we're talking about. If you know someone who went insane and decided to fill up several garden beds with the stuff, then you may be friends with the former owners of my house.

I thought I should thrown in one line that really was about gardening.

I do not recommend eating Lilydale topping. As a classmate of mine once wrote when the Year 10 Religious Education teacher made us all write modern versions of Psalms:

Sad are those who eat bricks
For their teeth shall be turned to jelly.


Giggles

I did, and you're right (as ever)

12:22 AM  
Blogger meva said...

Ungardened!

*swoons*

10:38 PM  
Blogger Femikneesm said...

Best. Blog. Title. Pun. Ever.

2:49 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Meva
Awesome to hear from you. Also glad you liked the title, what with it having been partly inspired by one of your posts and all.

Femikneesm
Thank you, but if my family ever read this, you will get at least five emails saying "Stop encouraging him, it only makes him worse".

On the other hand, I just think you're nice.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home