Saturday, October 07, 2006

Saturday Rage

I was up offensively early this morning, with another major case of CRYING*. So I decided to watch Rage. Here’s what I discovered:

1. Bob Sinclair is the new Jive Bunny

2. Record companies appear to have responded to the problem of reduced market share caused by online distribution and file sharing by cutting costs

3. Mysteriously, so far costs have only been cut in the wardrobe department

4. And maybe catering. SOMEBODY PLEASE FEED THESE WOMEN

5. Jay- Z may be the best rapper in the world but he is looking hella old lately

6. Everyone with the surname Jackson should learn to quit while they are ahead, unless perhaps their first name is “Sleepy”. Or “Luscious”

8. Diddy needs to pick a name and just go with it

9. Preferably not “Diddy”

10. The word ‘featuring’ is rarely a good start to anything (with the possible exception of Linkin Park featuring Jay-Z)

11. The irony of Beyonce having written a song telling other women to put some clothes on will never cease to entertain me





*Child’s Really Young, Insomnia Naturally Goesalongwiththat.

7 Comments:

Blogger meva said...

Oh, i'm not craig! The early rising of the new father! Or does it get worse with the late retiring-to-one's-chamber of the teenage(r's) father? I DON'T KNOW!!!

Anyhoo, I'm athinkin' that Jay-Z(ed) is fast morphing into Forrest Whittaker.

(And you're soooooo right about the Jacksons.)

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, someone else who is prepared to critic Bob Sinclair (and with much more wit than I could have managed).

Do you think we are turning into our parents? "Son, I'm telling you Freddie Mercury is just the new Little Richard."

11:21 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Meva
I'm not sure which is worse. I'll let you know in around 15 years or so.

I should clarify that slightly snarky comment about the Jacksons by saying that Janet and Michael's early work was some of the finest pop in the history of, well, pop and I am genuinely saddened by where their careers have headed since.

Ms Batville
Welcome along. If my calculations are correct, the number of people who have commented on this blog has now officially hit double figures.

I had never heard of Bob Sinclair until I saw his clip on Rage. Is no one prepared to criticise him because they haven't heard of him either? Surely there couldn't be any other reason.

I am trying not to turn into my parents. I'm not sure if I'm turning into your parents, but that would be a fairly wierd coincidence.

I think I'm doing okay given that I still isten to JJJ a lot and my CD collection is a bewilderingly eclectic bunch of stuff most people haven't heard of, but I did start to feel rather old watching the endless parade of hip hop on Rage yesterday.

I think it all started to go wrong when I became convinced that Marilyn Manson was the new Alice Cooper.

That was eight years ago.

Uh oh.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Melba said...

right on, i'm not craig. i don't have that stuff on the tv because all the girls are dressed as skanky hos. and i don't want my girls to think the have to be like that for boys to like them. it's so in your face now. i can't stand it.

4:35 PM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

I'm sad to say that Grizzlewick RECOGNISES Bob Sinclair songs when they are played in shops now, but on the basis of the fact that (I prefer to think) he likes the little kid on the bike.

Incidentally, his other favourite artists are Franz Ferdinand and Wolfmother.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Melba said...

princess used to dance to prodigy before she could walk.

8:59 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Giggles & MG,

Bundle and I used to start every Saturday by dancing around the lounge room to Frente's "Accidentally Kelly Street". Prodigy and Wolfmother seem a little intense for first thing in the morning.

Ms Batville
I should add that I can't be turning into my parents, as they have never heard of Freddie Mercury.

Or Little Richard

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home