Thursday, March 08, 2007

Proud parent moment

Yes, another one.

We knew that Cherub, being a second child, would probably start walking earlier than
Bundle did. There is a certain amount of perverseness to that. With Bundle, we, like all first time parents, wanted him to walk and talk as soon as possible. With Cherub, we were in no hurry whatsoever.

Then again, we were still eight kinds of thrilled when he took his first unassisted steps this week.

It’s not like we didn’t know this was coming. He’s been cruising around the lounge room while hanging on to furniture, for a few weeks now. On the weekend, I knew he was getting closer when he stood up in the middle of the room. I instinctively put out a hand to steady him. He looked at me, gave me a high five, and kept standing there.

Walking at ten months old is pretty impressive. If all goes to plan, Cherub should be dancing at Backstreet Boy level by his first birthday.

At the latest.

6 Comments:

Blogger actonb said...

I'm incredibly impressed with your parenting skillz. Any tips on toilet-training, as I'm in the midst of training twins and it's making my life HELL. Please dispense some wisdom, oh Sensei SuperDad!

9:23 AM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

ooooh! Exciting! Congrats to you and Honeybear on your massive parenting prowess!

Actonb, toilet training can be really tricky. I've found the same thing never works twice, dammit.

But also in the interest of your hip-pocket, can I say that those alleged "training nappies" never worked for us - the main thing that worked for Grizzlewick was that he didn't want to pee on the floor or have his pants get wet, something that those pants try to avoid.

INCraig, sorry for hijacking your comments stream....

9:34 AM  
Blogger meva said...

Whenever I read about your Cherub and Bundle I get all clucky. You are rightly proud of your pair.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Melba said...

princess used to dance prodigiously to the prodigy (remember, kind of hardcore punk stuff) before she could walk. she was about 8 months and would stand holding something and pogo without her feet leaving the floor.

i'll leave you with that interesting visual.

ps but she didn't walk til she was 12 months. so perhaps walking before dancing is the way to go.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

I'd say there is an untapped music video market for 10 month old babies pushing out the boy band thrusts. If you find another 4 lil lads you could all be squillionaires/sacked management.

5:22 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Actonb
I first read this comment at 2am this morning, after finally wrestling Cherub back into his cot, and I allowed myself a brief wry smile at the suggestion that I have any parenting skillz.

In particular, I am completely clueless about toilet training, and the other parents I know (in rela life) who are going through it don't seem to be having much luck either.

Fortunately, our online friend Gigglewick has already bailed me out with some useful comments on the topic.

I should add that I know you have two year old twins and I am in awe of anyone who can do that.

Giggles
Thank you, I had nothing and you have bailed me out again. Please hijack my comments whenever you like

Meva
I am very blessed to have these amazing children. From what I can gather, you too have some wonderful youngsters. I'd love to hear more about them.

MG
That is a fabulous visual. If I ever get to meet you and your gorgeous Princess in person, one of the many benefits will be that I will appreciate that excellent visual on a whole new level.

Adam
I'm pretty sure that it would be the 'sacked management' one.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home