Tuesday, December 23, 2008

'Twas the week before Christmas

And I was up late working because I want some time off over summer. And so it is time to post.

I sort of did my what Christmas means to me post for the year already, so I wont repeat it here.
I was planning to do a "year in review" type of post instead, but that idea has been ditched too.

Why? Well, a list of examples of how nothing much I have attempted this year has actually worked well, or worked at all, would have been therapeutic for me but of questionable value to anyone else. Trust me, if I had written it as planned then I would have had to change the title of this post to "Tis the season to be whiny".

Then I read this lovely post which sums up my year so well that there's really nothing I can add. It made me feel so absolutely good about my life that I lost the desire to whinge. Also, I read my post from last Christmas, and the one before, and noticed that there was a common theme of desperately wanting my brother and his family to be here to celebrate with us. Well, this year they will be. And so I am thrilled.

This Christmas is set to be the best one in living memory. The boys will go absolutely mental when they see their new trampoline, the whole family will get together for lunch, bad jokes will be explained, the family tradition of eating recently frozen pomme noisettes will continue unbroken even though none of us really know why, hordes of children will run (or in some cases, crawl) around with wild abandon, and we will all collapse at the end of the day with a sense of great contentment.

Christmas will be followed by a few days in Rye with some very dear friends in their very pleasant beachhouse, and then back home to play host to a series of interstate visitors, and two whole weeks in which to forget about work and enjoy the awesome company of my wonderful, gorgeous family.

Next year can sort itself out later. For now, the immediate future looks excellent and that is all that matters.

Once again, a very, truly, utterly, madly, fantastically, unbelievably and almost inconceivably Merry Christmas to you all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Melba said...

thanks inc!! have a great one with crazy uncle fox, won't you?

[wink]

x

8:29 PM  
Blogger phoenixmummy said...

Have a great Christmas INC, it certainly sounds like it will be. :)

2:17 AM  
Blogger Leilani said...

Hey INC I've had a crap year but I am looking forward to a better
2009.

Your Christmas sounds perfect.

I'm actually really looking forward to Christmas day. In fact I am so excited I may even make some "special" ice cubes for my nephews.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Harpo said...

A very merry Christmas to you, I'm Not Craig. My best wishes.

10:13 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Melbs
No, thank you, really. I did have a good day with Fox and the whole wonderful mad family. Hope yours was very wonderful too.

Jo

A very big thanks to you, too. I am very pleased to hear that your Christmas started with cuddles in bed with your lovely children. Thanks for a year of excellent blogging, I'm looking forward to reading more in the year ahead.

Leilani
Great to hear from you again. Sorry to hear the year's been crap. It does seem to have been that way for an unusually high number of my friends, both those who blog and those who don't, so I'm hoping that we all have a much better year, starting any day now.

IS there any chance that we can persuade you that your plans for the year ahead should incude lots more blogging?

Harpo

What a very pleasant surprise to hear from you, old mate. I have missed your blog terribly this year and I hope it will be back when you feel like you're ready to start up the writing again. I know these things can't be rushed.

I hope your Christmas was excellent and that you have a fabulous year ahead of you. Do stop by and say hello again some time.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home