Monday, October 23, 2006

Scenes from my loungeroom

Scene 1

A change table. I’m not Craig is removing a nappy from his two year old Bundle.

I’m not Craig (silently): Ewwww!



Scene 2

Still at the change table. I’m not Craig is trying to put another nappy on a child who just wants to skip this part and go to the shops.

Bundle: Ready go. Shops

I’m not Craig: We can’t go to the shops without your pants.

Bundle: Shops nooowwwww

I’m not Craig: We can’t go without pants. Everyone will say “Bundle’s not wearing any pants”. Yes they will. “Where are your pants?” they will say.

[Bundle pauses for a moment to consider how he would answer that question]

Bundle: Gone away. Hiding.

[I’m not Craig finds this very funny and laughs a lot. Bundle is clearly encouraged by this]

Bundle: Hehehehe. Pants sleep now. Hehehehe

[I’m not Craig laughs some more, points at something behind Bundle and puts the pants on Bundle whilst he’s not looking]

Exuent.


Not quite doing whole sentences, but already showing signs of being a total smartass. I’ve noticed this before.

I wonder where he gets it?

9 Comments:

Blogger gigglewick said...

INCraig,

Why is it no small boy ever wants to wear pants?

I could understand if we were dressing them in MC Hammer-style leggings (or "pants balloons" as Grizzlewick calls them), but they're just REGULAR PANTS.

Also I have had that exact same conversation with Grizzlewick - several times.

As he has grown older he has seen the wisdom of not wanting to be humiliated nude-style in public, but he has also presided over several barbecues in our backyward wearing nothing at all.

I do like your "look, over there!" approach to dressing children though - it is masterful.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Melba said...

he's not being a smarty pants (hah!), he's developing a delicious sense of humour.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Myer's June Stocktake Sale?

2:18 PM  
Blogger meva said...

And he will grow into a wonderful man, who hopefully will still say the words, 'I want to go shopping nooooowwww!'.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Watershedd said...

Shopping? Honey Bear must be proud. Now she has to do is teach him to find Michael Hill!

5:24 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Giggles
Given that Grizzlewick is around a year or so older than Bundle, it seem sthat this is going to continue on for a while. if only the "look, over there" approach worked more often.

My current favourite approach is to head of any potential tantrums by throwing the pants in the air so that they land on my head, and then applying said pants to teh child whilst he is laughing too much to stop me.

Melbster,
He is absolutely developing a delicious sense of humour. His favourite phrase at the moment seems to be "Tricking daddy again"

Why the "again"? He says this every time, regardles sof whether there have been any recent instances of daddy being tricked.

Also, "again" is actually pronounced "GENNNNNNNN", and always at full volume. I swear this child could do voice overs for "SAAAAALE of the Century"

Adam
Does this mean that sale is still going? Great. I need to buy eyeliner. Or something else.

Meva
That may happen. I suspect I know where he got the shopping gene from...

Watershedd
Given thsi child's love of shopping and incredible ability to get distracted by shiny things, I'm pretty sure he could find a Michael Hill in any major shopping centre in the greater Melbourne region.

And that you everyone for not commenting on where my sone gets this smarty pants tendency.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Melba said...

he says "again" because ever since that first time he tricked you, which is seared into his little brain, oh the victory and achievement! the mastery over the-all-poweful-daddy, it has been again. over and over. in his dear little mind.

he's simply reminding you of his power over you.

gorgeousness.

9:57 AM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

I know this is completely unrelated INCraig, but just wanted to let you know in answer to your question re Nick Barker/'Cinnamon Girl'...

I saw him perform it at Falls Festival in 1994/95...not sure if it was ever recorded.

3:56 PM  
Blogger BEVIS said...

"Ready go. Shops."

Delightful!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home