Thursday, October 19, 2006

T stands for incredibly funny

I have rarely been more thrilled than I was when I read in The Age that Mr T now has his own talk show. And here’s what the man himself has to say about it:

On Dr Phil:
"My show ain't no Dr Phil, where people sit around crying, 'What's wrong with me, Dr Phil? What's wrong with me, Dr Phil?"' said Mr T. "You are a fool! That's what's wrong with you. ... My show is the Dr Phil on wheels."

On why one may “pity the fool”:
"You pity the fool because you don't want to beat up a fool," Mr T explained. "You know, pity is between sorry and mercy. See, if you pity him, you know, you won't have to beat him up."

And best of all, on what “T” stands for:
"I put the T in TV Land. ... For the women and children, it stands for tender. To the bad guys and thugs, it stands for tough. ... "What helped me in my career? To be on time. That's it. That's what the T stand for, on time, baby, definitely. ... "
"T stands for being nice. T stands for manners. ... T stand for working hard. T stand for loving thy neighbour. You know, T stand for feeding the hungry, you know. T stand for just working, working, working, being happy on the set, you know, lifting everybody's spirits. T stand for just a nice guy."

I do not need to try to make any witty comments about these quotes. Nothing I come up with could possibly be half as funny as Mr T, although I will say though that I just love the way he gets halfway through telling us what "T" stands for and then decides that to restrict himself to words actually starting with T is just too limiting.

I must see an episode of this show. I must.

6 Comments:

Blogger meva said...

T stands for 'who the hell will go on his show'? Punky Brewster? Tony Danza? I know! Scott Baio.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Melba said...

i heard scott baio has a gig on arrested development. henry winkler was the family lawyer for the first two seasons. i do believe there is a third in the pipeline with scotty as the lawyer. just a little happy days cross-over there, and kind of amusing.

i guess we can assume only fools will go on mr t's show.

watch, inc, and report back.

12:11 PM  
Blogger meva said...

Oh, I'll be watching, too. I love trash tv! Thanks for pointing this show out, inc.

And I love Arrested Development, too, mg. Are they really making a 3rd series? I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!

6:31 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

They did not say when this show would be on. Anyone who knows, please tell me.

I will fly to the USA if necessary.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Melba said...

i have heard there is a 3rd series. unconfirmed though.

love that show.

10:37 PM  
Blogger PiesFan90 said...

I can guarantee that there is a 3rd series. I have downloaded it, but due to legal reasons (ie MG won't let me transfer them to DVD's) we haven't watched them.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home