Friday, November 03, 2006

Honey Bear: The musical

My wife has an amazing ability to find a song for any situation and then sing it beautifully. This has been going on since long before we had children.

Essential, my role in life is to be a cast member in “Honey Bear: The Musical”. And try telling me you couldn’t sell tickets to THAT.

I like to contribute where I can. Hence the following scene:

Honey Bear: What did we do with the echinacea?

I’m not Craig: [sings to the tune of “What shall we do with the drunken sailor?”]

What did we do with the echinacea?
What did we do with the echinacea?
What did we do with the echinacea?
Early in the morning

[INC goes and finds the echinacea, then sings some more]

Hoo-ray, we’re not so snuffly
Hoo-ray, we’re not so snuffly
Hoo-ray, we’re not so snuffly
Early in the morning

[repeat and fade]


I suspect that there were more verses, but I have temporarily forgotten the words. This may not be a bad thing.

I know what effect this had in real life. But I’m curious. Was just reading this enough to get that song stuck in your head?

8 Comments:

Blogger Snoskred said...

Err.. yeah. And thanks a lot! ;)

(Snoskred wanders off to play some heavy metal now but fears the heavy metal will not be enough.. there may be a need for *gasp* Britney Spears in order to overcome the Echinacea thing..possibly "Toxic" but the be all and end all of get every other song out of your head is surely "Oops I did it again")

10:10 PM  
Blogger Snoskred said...

Oh and thanks a second time, ;) I got it out of there last night but I woke up a little early this morning and checked a few blogs, and now it's in there again. It even managed to knock out the Lukas Rossi that I woke up to this morning!

And now somehow his "trust me" song and the echinacea song are fighting with each other in there.. it's hilarious!

(though it may mean I am going slowly insane.. ;) )

8:40 AM  
Blogger sharpatootha said...

YES damn you, just as I was breaking into the chorus of Oh My Sweet Carolina and I lost my place and had to sing that coming around the mountain song.

However, that was an incredibly sweet post and I have to forgive you for the song thing.

6:51 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Snoskred
You're welcome, both times.

I went to a two year old's birthday party yesterday and I can tell you that even Britney can be removed by a couple of choruses of "sk8er boi".

Do let me know who eventually wins out of Lukas Rossi and the echinacea song...

Sharpatootha
On that theme, I recommend trying "Oh Susanna, (don't you cry for me)". Trust me on this one.

4:00 PM  
Blogger ms fits said...

oh god, I thought I was the only person that did this.


*cries*

9:46 AM  
Blogger Snoskred said...

Well it is clear to me what you should really be doing for a living.. that's right! Writing jingles for commercials.. ;)

And yes, Lukas won. ;) This is why.

http://tinyurl.com/vxjak

Oh, and this..

http://intothesupernova.com/

11:34 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Ms Fits

You sing about healing herbs to the tune of sea shanties too?

I was kidding about joining "Valensi the band" but now that I realise we have the same "musical influences" perhaps I should reconsider.

Also:
1. Please don't cry, there can never be too many musicals in the world
2. I had no idea you had ever read this blog (of course, this may be the first and only time) and I am suddenly slightly nervous about the fact that my next post is likely to turn out like a low-rent knock off of your Friday Q&A, only solely about me, and your legal people may pursue me with a view to taking me down like a flag (at the end of the Olympics)

*panics*

11:39 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Snoskred

Your comment appeared just after I had fininshed my previous comment in response to Ms Fits.

Congratulations to Lucas Rossi, whoever he is.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home