Saturday, March 10, 2007

A good day

What to do after a long and not particularly enjoyable week at work? My brief and somewhat half baked attempts to actually organize some sort of social activity for the weekend having come to nought, a phone call this morning from my lovely parents saying it’s a hot day, why not come over and spend the afternoon at our airconditioned house, was really very well timed.

Not only was it great to see my parents (and to see how excited Bundle gets at the mere mention of a visit to grandpa and grandma’s house) this visit had the added benefit that my parents were dogsitting my sister’s new puppy for the weekend. This puppy is honey coloured and gorgeous and is coping remarkably well with having been named “Woofy” by my four year old niece. Watching Bundle giggle while the puppy chased him around the yard was good for the soul.

It was one of those days which just meanders along at its own pace in the most pleasant manner possible. Cherub enjoyed being able to walk around the house, which he couldn’t do a week ago, and only occasionally gave us heart attacks by climbing on steps and then standing near the edge grinning. Bundle spent a good amount of time gardening with grandma (they had bought him his own little wheelbarrow – words can’t convey the cuteness). Honey Bear and I had time to read books and search for houses on the internet, which confirmed that we can’t afford one but we could spend a few entertaining minutes wondering what exactly is a ‘townhome’.

We rounded the day out with a pleasant stroll through some leafy walking paths, an early dinner that benefited exceptionally from Honey Bear’s mad pasta saucing skillz, a brief but giggly bath for the boys, and a fortunately short drive home.

By 7.30pm, two very tired boys were sleeping soundly and we were discovering the unique experience that is watching “Honey”.

Still to come, more fine viewing of fictitious American politics. If there is a finer way to relax late on a Saturday evening than two hours of The West Wing accompanied by a barrel glass of port, I am yet to find it.

Yes. That was a good day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Harpo said...

Ah, that sounds magic. Hooray for good days and may there be many more.

1:16 PM  
Blogger gigglewick said...

An awesome day.

Not sure what to make of 'Honey'. I'm one of the few people on the planet for whom Jessica Alba holds no mystery or thrill.

But the West Wing accompanied by alcohol at the end of a long day - for sure...

7:37 PM  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Harpo
Entirely magic. I hope you had a good weekend too.

Gigglewick
I can't actually say that Jessica Alba's presence was a disincentive, but she wasn't the reason for watching. I just have a strange fascination with any dance related film, no doubt because I watched far too many episodes of Fame when I was young and impressionable.

Honey was one of the better ones.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home